Resume (Last updated: May 19, 2022)
- Member of Technical Staff at NetApp, Inc.
Jul 2019 – Present
- Develop and maintain data protection services on ONTAP.
- Working on improvements of SnapMirror, SnapMirror Cloud, Volume Move, SnapDiff.
- Working on SnapMirror Cloud new functionalities including SnapMirror restore from archive tier.
- Improved SnapMirror Restore from FabricPool performance by 300%.
- Design and develop several REST APIs in Active Data Connector (ADC).
- Design and set up DevOps workflow for ADC
- Software Engineer Intern at Facebook, Inc.
Jun 2018 – Sep 2018
- Developed a cache service for an internal system. The cache service acts as an intermediate layer between front-end web interface and storage. It was implemented in C++ and contains a Thrift interface which can be queried from PHP, C++, and Python clients.
- Implemented and improved internal system user interface. Modified back-end service to add pagination capabilities and added pagination to front-end user interface.
- Software Engineer at Zuvio Inc.
Jan 2013 – Jul 2016
- Developed client-side products from scratch using C#, XAML, WPF and VSTO, including a PowerPoint Add-on and a desktop application.
- Used Inno Setup to pack client products to installers. The installer detects the version of Windows and Microsoft Office, and determine which binary should be installed.
- Deployed internal systems to Microsoft Azure.
- Firefox Campus Ambassador at Mozilla Taiwan
Jun 2012 – Jun 2013
- Assisted in teaching for workshops to encourage others to contribute to Mozilla.
- Attended Mozilla Summit 2013, exchanging ideas including Firefox OS and spirit of free Internet with global partners.</li>
- Microsoft Student Partner at Microsoft Student Partners Taiwan
Aug 2011 – Aug 2012
- Gave lectures about Windows Phone application and web application development.
- Made and debugged Windows Phone applications.
- Intern at Ring Line Technology Inc.
Jan 2011 – Feb 2011, Jul 2011 – Aug 2011, Jul 2012 – Aug 2012
- Deployed and set up an uptime monitoring system (SmokePing) for Shin Kong Group.
- Debugged Windows Mobile barcode application for Taipei Police Department.
- Master of Science at Santa Clara University,
Major in Computer Science and Engineering
Sep 2017 – Jun 2019
- Master of Science at National Taiwan University,
Major in Electrical Engineering
Sep 2014 – Jun 2016
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering at National Taiwan University,
Major in Electrical Engineering
Sep 2010 – Jun 2014
- C. Chen, T. Hsia, Y. Huang and S. Kuo, "Data Prefetching and Eviction Mechanisms of In-Memory Storage Systems Based on Scheduling for Big Data Processing," in IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, [ pdf ].
- C. Chen, T. Hsia, Y. Huang and S. Kuo, "Scheduling-Aware Data Prefetching for Data Processing Services in Cloud," 2017 IEEE 31st International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA), Taipei, 2017, pp. 835-842, [ pdf ].
- Vice Director of Santa Clara University Taiwanese Student Association
Jan 2018 – Apr 2019
- Chair, Education Committee of NTU Electrical Engineering Camp
Dec 2012 – Jul 2013